Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Christmas Cookie Week Day 4 - Lace Cookies

Now, there is one cookie that I will throw inhibition to the wind and eat the entire batch. Alone. In the dark. With whisperings of "My preciousss". 

And that is the Lace Cookie. At one point two years ago, I had this recipe memorized. I'm not ashamed. They are gosh darn amazing. 

So save yourself the woe of never eating one, ten, fifty. I promise the pure bliss you'll feel when eating, will far outweigh the guilty your thighs/butt are sending you. 
 Flour, vanilla, brown sugar, corn syrup, butter and freshly crushed hand-picked pecans... What's not to love?
 Cut up the butter.... See the Christmas plate? It's the little things.
 Combine the brown sugar, butter, and corn syrup in a saucepan and heat up.
 Now, I like to get everything ready before hand because I freak out very easily when I cook alone. That's why cooking is always better in groups! 
 So meanwhile your mixture is heating up nicely.
 Take off the heat and add the pecans and stir like crazy.
 And then the flour.... See my crazy fast hand stirring? That's precisely what you want going on.
 Then quickly spoon onto a greased baking sheet.  The longer you wait the cooler the mix and the less pliable it will be.
 6 cookies per baking sheet. Seriously. Only 6. This will allow for separate cookies instead of one giant baking sheet of a cookie.... or make the baking sheet cookie. I know I would.
Then when they are all done look how delicious! Sorry for the blurry picture I was reaching for a cookie.... or 5... or all. 


Excuse me I have more cookies that need eating. That is all for today, see you tomorrow .......

No comments:

Post a Comment