Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Christmas Adventures!

I hope everyone's Christmas was most glorious. I know mine was! Just thought I'd share some moments of this past Christmas just in case you were wondering how we celebrate!

The big deal (food wise) is on Christmas eve where my family makes pork in a most extensive way.  We usually just marinate it with mojo (pronounced moho) a few days before, however this year my Abuelo was feeling most adventurous and so he decided to make it himself....
Mojo ingredients!





 Abuelo and his cooking skills! 

  Lots and lots and lots of garlic! 

 My sister = expert juicer






I finally found a solution to not weeping when cutting onions. Works like a charm.
This then sat for 3 days until Christmas Eve!

On Christmas Eve the pork goes in the oven for 3 hours (basting every 1.5 hours)


All done!
Meanwhile the rest of the grub is assembled.
Black Beans and RICE!!



Yucca (Just yucca, garlic, and lard. Yes, lard.)



Plantains



Crescent Rolls


and finally Kool-Aid


Yum Yum!

I didn't help at all with the preparation of this meal. Why? Because I am a procrastinator and was working on my mother's Christmas gift.  Don't judge me. 

But no worries. I finished!... ish
But once everyone sat down we had fun with table pictures and dug in.

 " No one look at the camera!"
 The "start eating and freeze" classic.



Fast forward to Christmas.  I'm an early bird. So naturally I make everyone (save for my dad who gets up earlier than me) wake up at 7. No exceptions.  Once my dad set off the fire alarm to wake everyone up.  We mean business folks.

Presents are separated and the ceremony begins.


Yay for huge stockings and crazed expressions!
All in all I loved all my gifts. It was a great day for gaming as well. Couldn't be happier.


Oh and my sister got me this.... I LOVE HER. 


Well that's all! Hope everyone is having a fantastic holiday season! 

P.S. Don't forget to check out Second Friday for our family pictures. I promise, you'll love them.

No comments:

Post a Comment