Sunday, June 10, 2012

Garden - 3 Month Update

I know it has been a while since I posted about my garden, simply because I haven't been in town at the same time as my camera, which results in no post. 


But yay for remembering my camera and taking pictures! Things are doing swimmingly well, even in the atrocious Arizona heat.
First and foremost, due to the unrelenting sun I had to put some shade up, I opted for this green mesh, it still allows some sunlight in, and of course air, so it drops the temperature in the garden by at least 10 degrees. Plus the sun isn't beating down on the poor plants all day. Definitely a must for summer gardening.
 So to start off, I planted some jalapano seeds and this bad boy popped up! As you'll see I started making wells for the plants to allow for a much more concentrated watering and it just makes life so much easier. 
 Here is another jalapeno that popped up! It is growing crazy fast! Now I can't eat anything spicy, I just can't handle it. Still, should a jalapeno grow on my plant you bet your bottom dollar I'll eat it. I just have to.
Remember the tiny yellow bell pepper plant I bought and placed in the ground? Well look how big it is now! Already at the top of the wire thingy! It even has some beautiful flowers starting up! So excited. Now if you are wondering why some of the leaves are droopy it's because they hadn't been watered in a few days. There was nothing I could do about this. It broke my heart.
 My herbs are doing fabulous too! The parsley came out and just smells absolutely divine. 
 The thyme is also doing amazing! It is so bushy and lovely. Oh thyme. 
 Now the oregano just exploded in the garden. Luscious doesn't even begin to describe this herb. I've had to stop myself from laying on it like a pillow. Oh I just can't get over it. Beautiful.  
 Now the cilantro last week was fresh and made its side of the garden smell like salsa. Unfortunately by the time I got to it this week, it had died. But not from lack of care, it's what cilantro does after it seeds, and if you notice the ground is covered in seeds. My next cilantro crop is going to be epic. 
 Now I planted basil back a few months ago but surprisingly had no growth! After re-seeding these little guys came up. They are my garden babies and I love them so much.
I LOVE BASIL!
 Ah and we come to my favorite part of the garden. My tomato patch. "I've got tomatoes and I'm betting on me!" I've already confessed that as soon as these guys get nice and tall I'm going to re-enact the heart aching passing of Vito Corleone. Just thinking about it brings tears to my eyes. Sigh.
 Speaking of tears, I pulled this onion out of the garden! Baby onion! I ate it up too. Well panini grilled it with Kelsey then ate it up. I was proud.

So there you have it. Things can grow in a desert.

No comments:

Post a Comment