Sunday, April 8, 2012

Wanna see some buns?

Whoo Easter time! I've always enjoyed Easter, with the painting of the eggs, the disturbing kleptomaniac bunny and the delicious food. It always comes back to the food. 


Today was no different, well except I didn't color eggs this year. I think it might be the first year. I'm getting so old.


But I may have a new tradition, making hot cross buns! Of course the recipe comes from the ever amazing Pioneer Woman and they were quite delicious! 
What do you think of these buns?
My buns bring all the boys to the yard... Alright no more bun puns.
 Don't worry I made more than three but these were the prettiest. The lily in the back was my dad's present to my mother. Aw so cute.


I sang the "Hot Cross Buns" song at least 50 times while making them, I think it is a necessity.


We didn't make our typical meal this year, we had brown-sugar baked ham, hasselback potatoes and green beans with of course bacon. My sister even made a delicious cheesecake from scratch.
This was my serving of green beans. This is the RIGHT way to eat them. I promise.


Hope everyone has an awesome Easter, and if you don't celebrate Easter, then I hope you have a wonderful Sunday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment