Monday, April 23, 2012

The longest/shortest three days of my life...

So this whole business about my thesis, want to know what's going on? Well I'm going to take you through the long story cause this here is my blog.


So back on Friday, I made the decision to avoid all social media.  That means no Facebook, no Twitter, no Pinterest, no Youtube, no Blogger, and the most devastating, no texting Kelsey. I informed Kelsey so she wouldn't think I was ignoring her.  Both of us knew this would be rough. It was. I picked up my phone no less than 50 times to text her something, but I stayed strong.


My thesis defense was set for today, Monday, at noon. On Friday it seemed like forever away. I was wrong. 


I woke up early on Saturday to meet with a committee member to go over my thesis, did some necessary household shopping, got back to my house and worked on my thesis and my presentation. Oh and I had had had to get my announcements done.  Which meant photoshoot time! Little sneak peak...
This photo wasn't used, but let me just say it was SCORCHING in the gown. So so so hot. Speaking of hot, my AC just broke. Arizona is starting to hit record highs for April, I'm talking 101. WHY.


Anyways, I got back to work, which ran into all Sunday, my sticky note addiction was well satisfied. 
 And what I thought would seem like years, felt like mere seconds. Before I knew it, it was Monday. 11am. Last minute practice time.
And then real time presentation time. I was a wreck.
I stood for an entire hour in my heels. No big deal.


But moral of the story, I PASSED! So yay! I won't have to throw away all those announcements I made. 


I was exhausted afterwards. Just drained. So on the way home I got some celebratory food goodness.
Oh Taco Bell. You are delicious.


But I didn't grab Taco Bell until I did one more very important thing.


I sent a text to Kelsey that said, "BEST FRIEND!!! I MISSED YOU! D:" And yes, you should read it as if I'm yelling it at the top of my lungs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment