Friday, March 23, 2012

The Hunger Games - Movie Review

Now you may, or may not, have read my Hunger Games book review. Regardless, the movie came out today... well midnight of today.  Have you ever found that hard to explain to someone? The whole midnight thing, it's like oh hey movie comes out on midnight March 23... wait wait wait... is that March 22/March 23 midnight or March 23/March 24 midnight? It always confuses me.
ANYWAYS.
 
The first book was by far my favorite so I had very very high expectations for the movie. And what do you know? It was AWESOME, definitely a 10/10!
 
It followed the book so well, granted they left out some minor details but nothing that was truly needed. The essence of the book was there and was portrayed wonderfully. I don't think I have one bad thing to say about the movie. 
 
As for casting, couldn't be happier. I think everyone cast was spot on. Haymitch was perfect. Cinna was perfect. Katniss was perfect. Peeta was perfect. I just loved it all. 
 
And even if you haven't read the books it is still a great movie to go see. It is well scripted, great acting, and never a dull moment. You won't want to look away for even a millisecond for fear you might miss something. I made my good friend March go with me to see it and he had never read any of the books before. (He was initially excited because it was called the Hunger Games and had a character named "Pita".) But after the movie he agreed that it was top notch.
 
So I encourage you all to go and see the Hunger Games out now in theaters!

No comments:

Post a Comment