Friday, July 27, 2012

The Dark Knight Rises

Now I've been avoiding this post just because I know I won't be able to accurately describe my feelings on this film. But I'll try anyways.


If you haven't read any of my other posts or know me personally, I'll state it again.


I am a HUGE comic book geek.
So this Dark Knight Rises movie was something I've been looking forward to for a while.
Much like the Avengers I went ahead and did the all day marathon... well it started at 6pm, but I got there around 6:30am.  I would have gotten there sooner but I lost my car keys and it took me about 45 minutes to find them. No joke.


Anyways, the marathon, to me, is such a wonderful experience because it allows you to truly be in the moment when you watch the final film. 
Come time to watch it, I knew I wasn't ready. I wasn't ready for the Dark Knight trilogy to be over. I wasn't ready to see to Bane. I just simply wasn't ready. But regardless the film started. (I will try and stray from any spoilers for those who haven't yet seen the film)


From the get go I was on edge. What was Nolan going to do? How is everyone going to be introduced? Is what I think going to happen actually going to happen?


The characters were acted to PERFECTION. Anne Hathaway's Catwoman is probably my absolute favorite Catwoman to date. It was simple. It wasn't unrealistic (I know I know it is a superhero film but still) and the Catwoman tones didn't consume the character it was a slight undertone that I felt was so perfectly the character.
Bane was also perfect for me. While there were one or two spots in the film where I didn't quite understand him it made no difference. He was a strong character and I think Tom Hardy did a fabulous job.
Bane and Batman, if you haven't seen the film, and aren't big into comics you don't know what this is about, but if you have you know. YOU FREAKING KNOW. That scene took the greatest toll on my physically and emotionally. My heart was racing, tears were streaming, palms were sweaty I was shaking uncontrollably and all because of this scene. It was flawless. After the scene ended I just felt exhausted. It took everything out of me which means it was perfect.  They did the scene justice. They really did.
Alfred. This man. Ugh Michael Caine is such an amazing Alfred. I love the character so much and without giving anything away I'll just say it was a perfect example of the Wayne/Alfred relationship. 


I won't say anymore because I feel if I do I'll dive full on into the story and I really don't want to ruin it for anyone. 


I will say this though, if possibly before you go and see the film, watch the first two on your own. This isn't meant to sound like I don't think TDKR can't stand on its own, it very much can, the two previous films just allows you to be in the Gotham mindset.


Also, don't ask me how it compares to the Avengers they are two very different films. One is the closing to an epic trilogy while the other is the beginning of a franchise if you will. That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment