Friday, July 6, 2012

Warped Tour 2012

I know I said I would post about Warped Tour as soon as I got home unless I was exhausted... and unless I slipped into a 7 day coma (which I didn't) there is really no reason this took me so long.

Except for the fact that I forgot my memory card and my sister had to take photos on her phone which just slowed down the process of photo upload. But regardless here's to Warped Tour!

Now I've split my post into two, one detailing my Warped Tour experience and the other with helpful tips. That way it wouldn't seem like I was writing a novel.


More like a series... 
 We first started off by checking out the venue to understand the lay of the land. 
 I had to pose and take a picture. Look at this guy.
 We also found some free samples of Peace Tea! It was delicious. Shortly after we found beef jerky samples. Ah I love free things.
But back to the venue, there was a row of tents which allowed my sister and I a quick peek into when the different artists would be doing a signing. 
WHOO Warped Tour 2012 line-up! My sister and I stayed mostly at the main two stages. But still wandered around whenever we had a break and felt up to it.
 My sister and I! We just got a free pin from PETA. For the record, I LOVE BACON.  
It was at this point that my camera informed me that I had failed to put in a memory card so 11 pictures was the max. I was ashamed. But my sister began snapping pictures and the world made sense again.
 Four Year Strong was the first band we watched. They were awesome! 
 My sister is a huge fan and since they didn't allow pictures to keep the line moving I snapped one real quick before she got to the signing. They were SUPER nice very cool guys indeed. 

 Next was another of my sister's favorites, New Found Glory. Another great set! 
 Then here's the line to get some autographs. You can see I'm clearly disturbed by the amount of people surrounding me. This was as attractive as I got during Warped Tour, a topic I will touch upon soon.
 I don't know why my sister always looks upset in pictures. I told her to smile. She loves this band. I don't understand her.
 Then the heat got to us so we went into the stands and tried to cool off. It was very, very difficult. Especially since all they sold for food was magma hot substances. Ugh so hot. 
We ended up eating fries with chicken strips. Burning hot mind you. But the ketchup was cold. Ice cold. There was talks of bathing myself in ketchup.   
 Now Warped Tour wasn't always held in this venue. From what I heard it use to be on asphalt with no shade. Luckily they switched venues because there was tons of shade. That shade saved my life.
 Plus we still had a pretty good view of things!

And then the moment of truth. Falling in Reverse.  
 AGHHHHH!!!
 Swoon.
 There are countless more. But I'll stop here.  
It was at this point that my sister and I then ran off to get some signatures from All Time Low, and in the process ended up hearing I Fight Dragons. They were AWESOME! They made this geeky heart soar. I bought the CD just as I passed their tent. If you get a chance find them and listen to them, seriously they are fantastic.
 Again no cameras were allowed but my sister was able to snap this quick shot with two of the members and my right elbow. Looking good.
 




After this, I headed back to I Fight Dragons and got all their signatures. Pretty cool dudes fo sho.
And then we were off again to go get Falling in Reverse signatures. RONNIE! My sister snapped as many pictures as possible.  I thank her tremendously.


 Then we saw Taking Back Sunday! Well we tried to...
 But we got tired so back to the stands we went.
 Then we watched The Used. They did the wall mosh pit thing again. Definitely glad I wasn't down there. I would have been trampled. I would have wept.
 Huge turnout though!  
 Then the mass exodus!
 Dear lord.
 This is the line of folks waiting to get signatures from Falling in Reverse. Note how they are sitting down. They were in line for at least an hour it was crazy. How did I get mine so fast? Well they offer a deal, buy their CD get a jump the line pass and be one of the first to get some signatures. My sister bought me the CD. I love her.
 Alright. I'm very concerned and confused (and a little bit heat dead) in the picture. Why? Girls.
I knew going into this adventure that there was no way I could stay even mildly attractive with the amount of sunscreen and sweat that I would soon have to battle. I figured everyone else would be in the same boat. WRONG. 85% of the girls there looked perfectly normal. And with me walking around like a cat that had been forced into the bathtub, it only made these girls look like supermodels.


Please, inform me of your secrets. How do you do it?!


Ahem anyways, my sister and I then fled our shade haven and went to rock out the remaining hours of Warped Tour. With another one of my sister's favorites, Yellowcard. 
 We were really close to the huge circle pit they got going. But definitely did NOT participate. I'm fragile.
 Then came All Time Low. About time I saw them in concert. They were awesome. I screamed every song at the top of my lungs. Sorry to those around me.
 Then we finished with We the Kings. Old time fan and my sister proudly proclaimed her fourth time seeing them in concert.











She was beside herself with glee.









It was awesome. Heard some great music. Met some great people. That being said, I'll never do it again.


But then, I never seem to keep to my word on this stuff.



1 comment: