Friday, July 6, 2012

Warped Tour 2012 - Tips

Tips for Warped Tour:


Now I'm not sure what the heat is like in other states but it's summer so it's probably going to be feeling just as hot to everyone as it was for us Arizonians. (It hit 109 here!) Now I'm obviously not a Warped Tour vet but I feel that the following list of things to bring is a must for making sure you don't end up in the Medic Room.
1. Sunscreen- Just do it. I have never seen so many bad burns in my life. Be serious about this and you won't be miserable come mid day.


2. Camelbak- I opted for a water bottle this year and wished I hadn't. It's a pain to carry around and hard to take pictures or rock out with a water bottle in hand. Just get a camelbak it's much more convenient. 


3. Comfortable shoes- This one is obvious. You don't want to be restricted to where you go because your feet are killing you. Be smart about it.
4. Matador Beef Jerky- Now I was able to get a free sample at Warped Tour and realized this is the perfect snack!It isn't messy, doesn't dehydrate you and gives you some energy. Plus it isn't hot! All they sell at Warped Tour is hot food so this is a nice change.

5. Money- Be prepared to drop some dough. Whether it's band merch or food you don't want to get 5 hours in and realize you have no money. Also be careful of pick-pockets, my method was to spilt my money in three and place one set behond my phone cover, and the other two sets in each shoe. No one can steal from your shoe.


6. Towels- Bring at least one towel. It'll allow you to wipe sweat off and when temperatures rise you can drench the towel and put in on your shoulders. Sweet sweet relief. Plus you can use it to wipe off previous sunscreen layers if you start to feel icky.

7. Toilet Paper- I'm not sure the kind of facilities you'll be at for Warped Tour but it never hurts to bring some just in case. Imagine being stuck in a port-a-potty with 0 toilet paper. That's what I thought.


8. Hat and Sunglasses- I'm not really a hat and sunglasses kinda gal but I'm so happy I took them both. It's gonna be sunny and sweaty these things let you watch your bands without squinting and keep hair out of your face.


9. Bag- You're going to want to bring something that you can hold all your merch and free things you get. Now this year they handed out some red drawstring bags in Phoenix but I'm not sure if that'll continue for the rest of the tour. But if your camelbak is fancy and has some storage space, then cross this out.


9. Ice- This isn't really a bring ice tip (because that isn't allowed), but if you go to the Medic Room/tent you'll see they are giving the people in there bags of ice to place on their heads to cool them down. The people in there are generally super nice, just ask for a bag of ice and then head back out. It'll be a great relief and in the moment you put the ice on your neck you'll understand the glory of ice. Also I suggest saving this for the hottest part of the day. You can go  back more than once but then that takes away from band time.


If you've got any more tips feel free to comment and share. 


And remember to have FUN! Most of the bands there are super excited to meet fans and sign things, don't go fangirl/boy crazy on them but let them know they rocked the set and such. 


This an experience so experience it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment