Thursday, May 3, 2012

My BFFF Kelsey

Does today feel more awesome than any other day?
Are you filled with a happiness, but aren't quite sure why?
Is there a little bounce to your step today?
Was getting out of bed easier this morning?


The reason is because today, May 3rd, is my best friend Kelsey's birthday. She, like me, is now...


Let's go with 21.


I couldn't spend the day with her showering her with awesome birthday gifts, but rest assured we will celebrate her birthday in what could only be described as the best party ever. I'm talking bacon wrapped pizza rolls, sushi, and dancing to Lady Gaga until we pass out.


Let me now take the time and list just a few reasons why she is my best friend and probably the coolest person ever:


1. For the love of Gaga
She loves, LOVES, Lady Gaga just as much as I do. It's not just a somewhat common interest in our friendship, it is one of the biggest. We could talk for hours about her, and we do. 


2. Craftiness
Kelsey is one of the craftiest people I know. Her scrapbooking abilities, wardrobe ideas, suite301 themes, and theme ideas for Second Friday are out of this world. Her creativity and imagination are delightfully entertaining and allow me to throw out random ideas that she turns into actual masterpieces. She's awesome.


3. Awkward
We are right about the same level of awkward. Which means explaining a day or an outing to the store becomes a full blown comedic tale.  When we hang out there is no concern for how others view us. We just revel in the pure awkwardness of it all.


4. Likes/Dislikes
Rarely, and by rarely I mean never, have we had viewpoints that differ from each others. I like what she likes and I hate what she hates. Fake? Hate. Bacon? LOVE. Bean Dip? LOVE. Aging? Hate. Heels? Love. I think you get the picture.


5. No work and all play
This friendship is by no means any work. I've never had to pretend to be less awkward, less weird, never had to censor any of my thoughts or try and fit into some mold to be her friend. She is the most non-judgmental person I've ever met and this is the easiest friendship I've ever had. We've never gotten into a fight, there is no back-stabbing, or bullshit drama, I don't have to worry about offending her or her telling the entire world a secret. She's got my back and that is awesome.


6. What if we...
Sure every group of friends has a "what if we [insert crazy spur of the moment idea]" moment but never really acted upon it. With Kelsey different story.
"What if we just got together on one day a month, like the second Friday of every month and just cooked things?"
"What if we went to the club and pretended to be Canadian?"
"What if we made our own outfits to the Monster Ball?"
"What if we wrapped pizza rolls in bacon?"
"What if we try to out-drive the people tailing us?"
"What if we made our own shirts for our band trip?"
"What if we pretended to be power rangers?"
"What if we drank all these Monsters, and ate all these slim jims AND didn't sleep?"
"What if we brought water guns for Vegas?"
Need I go on?


7. Lean on Me
Whenever I have a problem, or I'm frustrated or upset she is the first person I go to and she lets me vent and rage and then within minutes I'm laughing so hard from our conversation. She's always there for me and helps me through whatever may be getting me down. Plus she's always so supportive of me, heck she drove down for my graduation last year and is again this year and is always the first in my corner. Clearly the best friend ever.


I could go on and on about how awesome and what an amazing best friend Kelsey is and how everyone should consider themselves unlucky if they aren't friends with her, but I will stop here and say a very very Happy Birthday to my best friend Kelsey! 


Everyone make sure to wish her a happy 21st birthday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment