Friday, May 4, 2012

Avengers Marathon

Alright confession time. 
Now before I had left to go to the marathon I put together a little blurb about this and that so that come now I wouldn't have to write as much. I just deleted it all and for one simple reason.


AVENGERS BLEW MY SIMPLE MIND. 


Now to be honest, this whole marathon thing was really the way to go. 
It was hard not to wear this around today like a badge of honor.
 First off lanyards. I've never felt so officially awesome. Plus Having the movies back to back, slowly building the anticipation was honestly a nerd's best dream. ever. 


Now the first movie to show was the Hulk, which despite naysayers, I actually really do enjoy the film, even with Edward Norton.  Also I knew I was going to be a mess when, in the 30 second clip after credits I couldn't stop laughing, giggling, whatever you call it. I was beyond excited. I still had 4 movies to go mind you.


As the day progressed, and the Avengers hints got less subtle, I started to realize how much in denial I was about this movie.  There was a part of me that honestly believed that this was all a prank, for there could not be such a thing as awesome as an Avengers movie. No possible way.


During Captain America, the last movie before Avengers, right when he's about to kick butt in the Alps I got overcome with this sense of nauseous excitement.  I've said this many times before, and I'll continue to say it I do not handle anticipation well. At all. I must have said "I'm going to throw up" at least 50 times. I feel sorry for my friends who went with me. I really do. I get very repetitive and giddy when I'm put in these kinds of situations. Just a mess.
These are said friends... I didn't ask if they minded being in my blog but I thought elbows don't count! Mainly this is proof I didn't make up the fact that I saw this with friends. They are real.
Once Captain America ended, I didn't want to hear the word Avengers, I just couldn't concentrate/process/handle the situation. Needless to say midnight came in, what felt like seconds.  And it started.


I don't know how to accurately describe what happened to me during that movie. Fact:
1. I did not blink
2. My eyes were open as wide as humanly possible. 
3. Most of the movie I was semi-crying not because it was sad, but because I was so unbelievably happy with the movie.


I am not ashamed of that. My entire life has led to this moment. And it isn't trivial. I don't know how many times I can say this, I LOVE COMICS.


I won't go into detail because that would be foolish. But I will say everyone needs to go see this film. It was perfect. It was everything I would ever expect from an Avengers movie and then some. This movie could have gone horribly wrong, I mean you do have 4 big superheros plus the bad guys all fighting for the limelight and it was handled with ease. 


One more time, this film was PERFECT.


Heck after the movie ended my friends and I legitimately drove around looking for a theater that had a showing for 3am. I need to see that movie at least 5 more times to fully take everything in. I was in awe for most of the film this first time. Ugh it is so hard to accurately describe my feelings towards the film.


Again, the film was PERFECT.


I've already texted Kelsey to go and see it with me later today. I feel I must share this epic film with my best friend. Especially since she won't judge me when I start to completely nerd out. Which I will, all over again.


Finally, the film was PERFECT.

No comments:

Post a Comment