Wednesday, November 23, 2011

UofA vs. ASU - Redemption

Alright. So it was bound to happen. The Territorial Cup football game between the University of Arizona and Arizona State University happened this past weekend. Which could only mean one thing.


Kelsey and I were bitter rivals for a day. 
This is our game face before the game.
This is our game face after the game.

Don't we look so angry at each other?! Whew I'm glad our friendship survived this game. There were a few moments where I just wasn't certain. 

I know what you're thinking. You want me to do a play by play of the game. But truth be told. I didn't take pictures. Looking back, big mistake. Especially since we had some interesting characters around us and since the game was so intense, right down to the last play in fact!
What a JOKE. 

Now I've got a ton of ASU friends, (and by a ton I mean 3, I'm sorry I misled you) so I won't go on and on about the game to spare some hurt feelings.

I will say that Arizona ended up wining 31 to 27 and throughout the game I was just a ball of emotional distress. I just don't handle suspense well. With this game being so close the entire time I was definitely deranged. 

Check out some pictures! (Photo Credit to Kelsey who actually took pictures and made my blog less boring. THANK YOU!!)
 Anthony and I waiting for my Tucson buddies to arrive. You can't really tell but some people in the background are staring. Yes a sun devil and a wildcat can be friends. Pssh
 ASU had just scored another touchdown and Ben, seen reaching across the frame, tried to get me to high-five him. Oh Ben. Not gonna happen. 
 Me, slouched in disgrace, I don't think we were doing well at this point. My sister bottom left looks pretty unhappy with the events occurring on the field as well.
 Halftime! How happy it was! Both bands, taking the field. Kelsey got all up in some idiots business when he booed the bands. Bravo Kelsey! Who does that?! Bands love bands. Period.  Speaking of Kelsey check out her blog on the game!
 
This was in the fourth quarter with 18 seconds left and ASU with possession near the 35. I told you it was a tight game. Just two more plays though and UofA would walk away with the win!


One last thing, I will say that this
Looks so much better than this
For those who don't know this was December 2, 2010 when UofA lost to ASU in Tucson
But maybe that's just because I'm a Wildcat fan.


BEAR DOWN ARIZONA

No comments:

Post a Comment