Monday, August 20, 2012

My weekend

Now I know I said you'd hear from me after my MCAT, and if you didn't to blame the MCAT. But that isn't the case for my absence.

I actually went to San Diego!

It was all last minute.  On Thursday my cousin called me and asked if I'd be free this weekend because she had tickets to a football game in San Diego. But being in my MCAT mindset I said I wasn't sure and got back to studying. But long story short I ended up being able to go! It was an awesome get-away weekend that I surely needed.

We drove to San Diego and ended up arriving at the hotel at 3 in the morning, it was super early and we were slap happy. But after five minutes in the room we all passed out.
The hotel happened to be right in the middle of the Gaslamp Quarter
The View!

The next morning we got up and went to do some sightseeing before the game.

We joked that this is the first place to check for us if we go "missing", we're really all talk.
We walked over to see the Midway
and it's surroundings.
Then we walked over to little Italy. It was so cool. It reminded my sister and I of Foz in Spain!
There was a well guarded gate too. Can't have too many useless locks right?
Then we stopped and had lunch at this little Italian restaurant.  It was perfect timing because it was super hot!!


While eating we realized there was a Ghirardelli just a few blocks away so we walked over and enjoyed some delicious chocolately goodness!
On our way there we passed by a theater with Batman stickers on the doors. I love San Diego.

At this point we were exhausted so we walked back to the hotel and watched some Tom & Jerry and waited until it was game time.

When we finally left the hotel, we grabbed the trolley and headed to the stadium!

On the way there was a fire. A car fire. It was INTENSE!

Finally we arrived and got our seats and it was such an exciting game! Now it was a Cowboys versus the Chargers and since I'm not a true fan of either i decided to root for the Cowboys since my cousin is a die-hard fan.








By half-time the cowboys were up 10-0

But then after half time, the Chargers came out and they were on top of it. They ended up winning 28-20 but I had a ton of fun.
Thank you to the nice Chargers fan who not only took this picture but stopped his creeper friend from getting in on the picture.

After the game we stopped by Hooters to grab some wings and I'm fairly positive I fell asleep twice while eating I was exhausted.
That was the end of our San Diego trip. It was short and sweet and I took two things from this weekend.

1. I need to visit San Diego very very soon.
2. I can't wait for regular season to start! WHOO Football!

No comments:

Post a Comment