Thursday, August 2, 2012

MCAT Prep Essay Fail

So I've been studying some time now for the MCAT exam. For those who don't know it is a test required to get into medical school and like any standardized test has a specific focus: biology, physics, and general/organic chemistry. Anyways I've been reviewing a 2009 MCAT prep book so good thing science doesn't change all that much in 3 years. That was sarcasm. 


While reading my MCAT prep book they state that specific details are imperative for the essay portion.  Then they give an example that an essay discussing the dangers of horseback riding could cite the paralysis Christopher Reeve suffered while horseback riding. 

And while I could ramble in paragraph form how my mind handled this tip, instead I'll break it down into the mind fragments that soon followed after reading the passage.


Christopher Reeve is Superman. 
The horse broke Superman's back. 
The horse is Superman's Bane.
They would call him Horsebane.
Would Horsebane be a Horseman?
Horsemen of Apocalypse.
Death Famine Pestilence War.
Why can I only recall the Horsemen of Death members?
Maybe because I like them more.
Especially Gambit.
Kinetic Energy= 1/2mv^2
Potential Energy=mgh
Joules.
Wait what was the example about?


So yay for remembering the formulas for kinetic and potential energy but way WAY off topic.  I pray this doesn't happen on test day.
'MERICA

No comments:

Post a Comment