Tuesday, October 18, 2011

House Sitting Epiphanies

So as you may know I've been house sitting for some time now and I've found out a few things that I'd like to share with you:


1.  I am ridiculously paranoid. 
Yup that's a screwdriver. Yup I've got 9-1 dialed in my phone. I like to be prepared. 
 Any sound, movement, or chill down my spine sends me into a worry spiral of whether or not I locked the doors and how close to death I am.  I even scared myself walking past a mirror. I've found the only thing to help this paranoia, is to steer clear of any scary movies even trailers.


2. Bose Surround Sound is epic.
Bose. Oh sweet sweet Bose.
 I have never been so enthralled in shows until now.  Also it makes zombie stuff like The Walking Dead a much more interactive show. How so you ask? Well when a zombie is creeping through the woods it literally sounds like they're creeping up behind me. And in reference to 1 this does not help my whole paranoid thing.


3.  This house is not a suitable hide-out in the zombie apocalypse.  
Now imagine every wall looking just like this. I'd be dead 5 minutes in.


4.  Cats don't really like me.  
He was interrupting my studies... because he wants me to fail.
Sure they cuddle up to me, but I'm fairly positive it's because they are trying to lower my defenses and then claw me to death and parade around the house with my head on a stick. Overboard? I don't think so.


5.  Tucson traffic still sucks on the east side. 
Since no actual picture would ever accurately describe the atrocities seen in Tucson streets. 
 Having to travel 5 miles and it take 30 minutes is ridiculous. Especially when the speed limit is 40 most of the way, but here is Tucson people take 40mph to mean 25mph.  Lovely.


6.  I would make for an amazing hermit.
 If it wasn't for the necessity of going to school to finish my Master's I would have stayed in this house the entire time and never would have left for fear of human contact. Does that make me weird? Probably, but I see it as a service for my fellow man that I spare them the awkwardness that I most certainly bring to the table. Now to find my own place and successfully become the hermit I know I can be!


7.  Cable is delicious.
 Oh Yea....
Having lived with only having 5 channels for most of my life, makes having 400+ channels seem like I've finally made it in the world. Granted I stuck to netflix and cartoons most of the time. But hey, at least I've got the option to watch all those channels.


8.  I really need to catch up on video games. 
This game will be played during my winter break. You can bet your buns on it. 
Having enough time to slowly realize that I am way behind on video games. Arkham City came out today and embarrassingly enough I've never even played Arkham Asylum.  Not to mention all of the other games that I've never had a chance to finish or start. I won't list them. It would only further add to my shame. 




So there you have it. The inner workings of my mind in respect to house sitting. You're welcome. 

No comments:

Post a Comment